Patient & Visitors Visitors Guide
Visitors are important for the patient’s well-being and can assist in their recovery. However, patient safety and quality of care are of utmost importance at Makassed General Hospital. With that in mind, visitors are requested to comply with the visitation practices listed below to ensure a safe and restful healthcare environment for the patients at the hospital.
- Visiting times are 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM but may vary on specialized units. If patients desire visitors at other times, arrangements can be made with the Charge Nurse. The patient or their support person will be made aware of any specific circumstance limiting visiting.
- Each patient is allowed one support person.
- Certain circumstances may prevent visitation for health and safety reasons.
- Visitors may not linger or congregate in the hallways or the patient units.
- Visitors who are ill (such as, have an infection, fever, cold, diarrhea or vomiting) or do not feel well should refrain from visiting.
- In order to provide patients with adequate rest, visitors are restricted to two (2) people at a time at the bedside.
- Children (age 12 and under) may visit inpatient units but not the intensive care units.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must be directly supervised at all times. The patient cannot be considered the designee who is responsible for supervising the child.
- Visitors must show respect for and consideration of the hospital’s staff and property as well as other patients and their property.
- Visitors should respect the need for noise control and the number of visitors.
- The Charge Nurse or RN designee has the authority to remove visitors whose behavior or presence has a negative impact on the health and safety of the patient or unit.